Wednesday 17 February 2010

Day 46 - in the background

Although I like to keep things as simple as possible in my photos, I wanted to get away from the plain black or white backgrounds that I've been using for most things.  I quite like use of textures that some people introduce in photoshop, but I wanted to do something in camera, rather than add it afterwards.

This shot used second flash, close the wall, to bring out the texture of the old wallpaper in our living room.  Given a bit more time I would have experimented with moving that flash back to avoid the hot spot and fall off in this one.  Although I quite like the gradient across the frame and the double duty the flash offers in giving some shape to my right cheek, the effect could be a bit more subtle.


Strobist: Sigma 530 DG Super @ 1/16 with Lumiquest Softbox III as key, high centre right.  YN 460-II bare camera left.

No comments:

Post a Comment