Sunday 24 January 2010

Day 24 - Annabelle

I really need to take advantage of Annabelle's current lack of locomotion.  As soon as she's on the move my lighting practice is going to be limited to willing adult volunteers and still life.  To that end I crammed a couple of lights and a white foam board into a small space to produce this...

Thanks to Sian for the peep-o and face making to keep Anna entertained!

Lighting info and another shot after the jump.
Strobist info: Sigma 530 DG Super on 1/2 power with reflective umbrella camera up and right.  YN460-II bare at 1/64 low down behind to the right.

I'm pretty pleased with the light on this, apart from the spill onto the blanket behind Anna.  I'm gonna make me a snoot!

This earlier shot just had the one flash in the umbrella.

My big lesson for the day is to use fresh batteries.  The Sigma lost its juice half way through the shoot and wasn't firing at the required power, causing me to loose a few nice moments before I realised.

No comments:

Post a Comment