Monday 1 February 2010

January

When I first decided to do this photo 365 project, I thought I would just aim to pick up the camera every day and, if all went well, learn something along the way. The first month has exceeded all my expectations in terms of what I've learned, the quality of what I've made with such a relentless brief and the amount of effort it has taken to keep it up.

I felt that I'd reached something of a creative plateau before starting this. I could use the camera, I understood about composition, colours and a bit about light. I'd taken some stuff I was pleased with, but rarely felt like I had really created something.

This last month has really opened my eyes to more exciting possibilities and given me something to aim for. I've still got a lot to learn, so expect a few more still life efforts while I work on lighting. I'm also hoping to start some collaborative projects in the coming months, to have a reason for the work beyond just making pictures, so that might get posted here too.

Finally, thanks to everyone who has taken a look at the project this month. Knowing that people are looking really does help motivate me to keep this up.



I was at : Globe Rd, Leeds LS11 5,

1 comment:

  1. Dr Mosedale the Younger5 February 2010 at 20:19

    reading, looking, and enjoying - just not commenting much. If I had a comment on what I've seen before, it's that there seems to be a division in the shots between those that the genre really interest you and those that don't as much: i.e. I think I much prefer the shots you enjoyed taking the most. Makes sense, and I guess it's up to you whether you want to try harder on the things you don't feel as drawn to to generalise more, or whether you want to focus on the areas you really enjoy.

    Anyway, loving it so far.

    ReplyDelete