Monday 10 May 2010

Day 129 - Night Portrait

I was hoping to get another interesting dusk portrait shot in the garden tonight, but Sian was a bit later home than anticipated and the blue evening colours were gone, leaving me with some inky blackness to work with.  Cheaper than a velvet backdrop I suppose.  Nothing if not determined, I stuck with the original lighting gameplan of a single flash in a shoot through umbrella with a warming 1/4 CTO gel.  Instead of a wide open aperture and long exposure to maximise the background light I decided to stop it down, shorten the exposure and up the flash power to compensate.  There was no sky light to maximise so I might as well have the extra depth of field and guarantee I had no camera shake.

Here's the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment