Sunday 17 January 2010

Day 14

I had a busy day on the 14th, with a longer than usual journey to work as a result of the ice and a bashed up car.  Fortunately, the walk to the station gave me chance to pop the camera out and snap some more snow.  Thankfully, the Council had decided to leave some subject matter lying around for me.

I took this in Slaithwaite using the ambient street light above and car lights approaching from the right to get a bit of shape on the bins and bags.  I had to go up to iso 1600 at f/1.8 to get a 1/50s exposure, which was just about ok for my cold shaky hands, but did give a lot of noise on the Nikon D50.  Let's call it artistically grainy, shall we?


1 comment:

  1. I like artistic grainy! If there hadn't been any I would have suggested putting some in.

    ReplyDelete