Sunday 17 January 2010

Day 15

Although I'd love to be posting portraits on here every day, I have to limit my photographic demands on my limited pool of models so its another still life today.  If anyone wants a free portrait session please let me know!

Hunting around the house for subject matter I remembered a David Hobby piece in his excellent lighting 101 about detail shots and decided to shoot this:



It's a page from Sam Haskins' 1962 "five girls".  You might recognise it as several shots from the book have been used as album and single covers by The Last Shadow Puppets.

I used a single bare strobe low down to rake some light across the page, trying to bring out the shape of the page and the texture of the paper.  You might need to see a big version to see the texture, if that's what floats your boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment