Wednesday 20 January 2010

Day 19 - Leeds Art Gallery and Library



A lunchtime exploration of the fantastic interior of Leeds art gallery and library building.  I must say I was more impressed by the building than much of the art on show at the moment.  The visit was only marred by one overly officious lady who accosted me while I snapped:

OL: Have you got permission to photograph in here?
me: Do I need permission?
OL: Yes! It could be an invasion of privacy!
me: Oh.

pause...

OL: I've given you permission now.  Carry on.

Anyway, here's the snap:
A couple more after the jump...

I thought this one would turn out better, but I think its spoiled slightly by not being bang on central and by a bit of barrel distortion from the wide angle lens (Sigma 10-20)
A lot of the views across the stairs reminded me of the Escher drawings, none more so than this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment