Friday 22 January 2010

Day 22 - Jessica

Another home portrait session, trying out some new kit.  Well, actually trying to try out some new kit.  I wanted to experiment with a second hair light using a new Yongnuo YN460 Mark II flash, possibly using its optical trigger capability or possibly testing some new Cactus V4 receivers, the poor man's pocket wizard.

Thoughts and another snap after the jump...


Sadly, my choice of model (or more precisely, moggle) was a poor one.  Today I learned that a lighting set up that requires careful control of narrow beams is not suitable for child photography.  You'd think I would have guessed that really.

Still, I got some nice snaps from the early set up shots using just a Vivitar 730AFC into a reflective umbrella.

Today's lesson... For child photography use a nice wide even light.  Or rope.

I'll try the hair light another day when I can get Sian to model for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment