Thursday 21 January 2010

Day 21 - beer o'clock

Rather foolishly, I attempted something tricky today and it has taken slightly longer than anticipated.  I was motivated by the Strobist 102 assignment on kitchen items and controlling the lighting for reflective objects.


More details and another example after the jump.
Firstly, the whole thing is sat on a piece of glass from an old clip frame, hence the reflection of the bottle at the bottom.  The lighting was this one used a single flash, double diffused.  I placed it camera right, pointing away into a piece of white cardboard.  Between the flash and the reflector cardboard I put a piece of A4 paper for the second diffuser.  This gave me a nice big light source close to the bottle with a softer transition from specular highlight to lit zone.  The cardboard also doubled up as a gobo as it bent round to stop light spilling onto the background.  I also placed a white board reflector to the rear left of the bottle to give a little separation from the background.  I'm pretty pleased with this from a one light set up.

As I had the light all ready I decided to stick something else on the spot to see what happened...

Exactly the same set up, but given the cold treatment by adjusting the white balance.

Phew.  Time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment