Saturday 3 April 2010

March

It's a useful exercise for me to look back at what I've achieved each month.  Often, the need to find a picture every day can have me hunting around in the evening to find a subject, which leaves me with the impression that I'm not really progressing.  Then, when I review the month, I find some work that I'm really pleased with or shows a real change in my technical ability.

This month, once again, it's the portraits that I love the most.  Annabelle is becoming quite the photogene, as she shows here and here.  Jessica is becoming more of a challenge to photograph, but the improving weather now lets me practice with some outdoor portraits and combining daylight with flash.  I've even convinced Sian to model for me this month.

As for technique, I think the photo of the glass, while not too interesting for most people, shows the most progress to me.  Compare it to this very early effort.

Thanks for looking everyone.  I hope you've enjoyed the snaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment